Thursday, August 20, 2009

prayer for finances

I recently received an E-mail from a coworker who is a professing Christian. As we have different lunch hours and because up until quite recently I have been too much of a coward, we have not talked much about the things of the Lord.

The E-mail text was the following:

Prayer for Finances
I claimed it for you - now claim it for me.
God has more than a thousand ways to provide for us, that we know nothing about.Here is your financial blessing!
It's a simple prayer, you got 30 Seconds?
Don't sleep on this....Someone recently read this for the first time andReceived exactly enough for a $0 balance on all credit cards.
If you need a financial blessing, continue reading this e-mail.
Heavenly Father, most Gracious and Loving God, I pray to you that youAbundantly bless my family and me.
I know that you recognize, that a Family is more than just a mother, father, sister, brother, cousin,Husband and wife, but all who believe and trust in You.
Dear GOD, I send up a prayer request for financial blessing for not only thePerson who sent this to me, but for me and all that I have forwarded This message to.
And that the power of joined prayer by those who Believe and trust in you isMore powerful than anything!
I thank you in Advance for your blessings.
God, deliver the person reading this right Now from debt and debt burdens.
Release your Godly wisdom that I may be a good steward over all that youhave given me GOD, for I know how wonderful and mighty you are and how if wejust obey you and walk in your word and have the faith of a Mustard Seed that you will pour out blessings.
I thank you now Lord for the recent blessings I have received and for the blessings yet to come,Because I know you are not done with me yet.
In Jesus name Amen...
TAKE 60 SECONDS and send this on quickly and within hours, you will haveCaused a multitude of people to pray to God for each other. Then sitBack and watch the power of God work in your life for doing the thing That youKnow He loves. Peace and Blessings....
Have Faith
8 angels are sent to you,
You should forward them on to 8 people .
In 8 minutes you will receive something you have long awaited.


My coworker, in a comment of her E-mail, stated that she just felt wrong for praying about money. We recently chatted about this, and she views somethign like this as worshipping the money rather than God. Her comment was something to the effect of, "Well, God's gonna say something like, 'you want to worship money? okay, enjoy your money in hell.'"

This whole prosperity gospel thing grieves me.

PIP

No comments:

Post a Comment